All Answers

Out-of-State Electronic Title

Can I transfer my out-of-state electronic title to a Florida electronic title?

At this time, Florida does not have an electronic state-to-state title transfer. If your current out-of-state title is electronic, the lienholder must request a paper title in order for the vehicle to be titled and registered in Florida.  If there is no lien, you must request a paper title in order to title and register in Florida.

Original Certificate of Title

How do I title my motor vehicle, mobile home, or vessel in Florida?

To successfully issue a Florida Certificate of Title for a new or used motor vehicle, mobile home, or vessel purchased in or outside of Florida, the following documentation should be submitted to the tax collector's office.

A. Proof of Ownership

Organ Donor

How do I add or remove organ donor from my driver license?

You can designate or withdraw your wishes on-line at Donate Life Florida.  Both processes can be completed at your convenience on-line and save you an office visit.

Office Locations

Where are the driver license/tax collector's offices located?

You can find a list of driver license and/or tax collector's offices by visiting our website. Please click on your county to find the office(s) nearest you.

Non Resident Military Member Applying for FL registration

How does a non-resident military member stationed in Florida apply for a Florida registration?

Members of the Armed Forces stationed in Florida, but who maintain their legal residence outside the state of Florida, are classified as non-resident military and are eligible for special registration rates. To qualify for the special rates, Florida law requires that the vehicle owner must submit a copy of their military orders or a current Leave & Earning statement and sign a Military Non-resident Affidavit before a notary. Proof of insurance is mandatory.

No longer want to drive and need an ID Card

I no longer want to drive, but need an ID card.  What do I need to do?

Take your driver license to the nearest Florida driver license office or tax collector's office offering licensing services and surrender your license. You will turn in your Florida driver license and ask for an ID card.  We keep your exam history on file in case you want a driver license again at a later date. No additional testing is required unless your driving ability is questionable.

No Appointments Available

You do not have any available appointment times before my license expires.  What can I do?

If there are no appointment times before your expiration date, you will need to go to an office that accepts walk-ins.

You can go to any driver license office, regardless of the county. Look at the list of offices -- if it says By Appointment Only, you know that you cannot walk in to that office. Otherwise, you can walk into any office that is convenient for you.

New resident, wanting to keep out of state license/identification card

I am moving to Florida. Can I keep my current out of state driver license and/or ID card after I get my Florida license or ID Card?

No. You can only hold one driver license or identification card. You will be required to surrender the current out-of-state license and/or identification card when you apply for the Florida issuance. We will only be able to issue you either a Florida driver license or identification card, but not both.