All Answers

Need to Know How Much I Paid for a Vehicle or Registration

How can I get proof of how much I paid for a vehicle and or the registration?

If you need data for tax purposes relating to your vehicles or registration, you must purchase that information using the Driver License,Motor Vehicle/Vessel Records Request form.

Complete the form above and mail in with the appropriate fee indicated on the form.


Name Requirements

How will my name appear on my license or identification card?

Section 322.051 and 322.08 Florida Statutes requires the full name (first, middle or maiden, and last) to appear on the license.  The following name requirements and options can be considered.  You must go in person to an office to change your name on your license or identification card.

Name Change

How do I change my name on my license or identification card?

Name changes are processed in a Florida driver license office because changing the name usually changes the number and signature on the card.  Changes in birth date and gender must also be processed in a driver license office.

Name Change due to Marriage/Divorce

Will I have to show my divorce and/or marriage documents at the office to get a license or id card?

If you do not want to use the name which appears on your primary identification document (birth certificate or valid U.S. passport) then a marriage certificate(s), court order, or divorce decree(s) must be provided to link that name to the name you want to be on the driver license or identification card.

Motorcycle Only License to Class E License with the Motorcycle Endorsement

I have a Florida Motorcycle Only License.  What is needed to get a Class E operator license and still be able to ride a motorcycle?

If you currently have a Motorcycle Only license, you will be required to pass a driving test in a Class E vehicle before you can be upgraded to a Class E license endorsed with Motorcycle Also.

Motor Vehicle Fees

Where can I find Motor Vehicle Fees?

Our website indicates the fees for Motor Vehicle transactions.

Below is a list of links to the instructions and fee information for the most common Motor Vehicle transactions.

Military Members

Do you have specific information pertaining to military members?

Yes. We have a webpage designated for military members and their family. There you will find valuable information and links to download forms regarding driver license renewals/extensions, titles and registrations.

Lost your Ticket and Need to Pay It

I lost my ticket and need to pay it.  What do I do?

Click on this map to find the county in Florida where you received the ticket. You must pay the ticket to the Clerk of Court in the county where you received the ticket. If you're not sure which county you were in, please call the Clerk of Court for the neighboring counties.

Lost driver license Need a Replacement/Duplicate

Do I need to report to the DMV that I lost my driver license? How do I get a replacement driver license?

No, you simply order a replacement driver license.  Here are the options:

If you are a US citizen or immigrant and have a non commercial driver license, the best option for replacing a lost license is ordering online. You will pay $25 with a credit or debit card to order your replacement.  This is the fastest method we have available.

Insurance Company Code

I'm trying to update my current insurance information and need to know where to find the 5 digit company code number.

You can usually find the 4 or 5 digit insurance company code located next to the policy number on your insurance card.  If not, then you will need to either contact your insurance agent or company to get the code.

Identification Card

Who can be issued an Identification Card?

The following persons may be issued an identification card (ID card):

    *  Any person who is 5 years of age or older,

    * Any person who has a disability, regardless of age, who applies for a disabled parking permit under Florida Statute 320.0848, and