All Answers

Child Support Suspension

How can I clear a suspension for child support?

If the suspension was ordered by the Department of Revenue (DOR), call 1-800-622-5437 or refer to their website. Once you are clear with DOR, they will electronically update our database to reflect the requirements have been met (we cannot accept paper clearances for DOR support suspensions).  Please allow 3 to 5 business days for the compliance clearance to update to your driver record.

Child restraints

What are the child restraint requirements in Florida?

Every operator of a motor vehicle driven on Florida roads must provide for the protection of any child, 5 years of age or younger, by using a crash-tested, federally approved car seat.

For children up to 3 years old through the age of 5, the restraint must be a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer's integrated child seat. For passengers age 6 through 17 years, a seat belt must be used while riding in a motor vehicle.

Currently hold FL Driver License and Identification Card

Can I continue to have a Florida driver license and identification card?

Florida driver licenses and identification cards remain valid for customers currently holding both. However, when you apply for a replacement or renewal of either, you will have to choose which card to retain. We can no longer issue you both.


Career with FHP

I am interested in a career with the Florida Highway Patrol. How can I find out more information?

Thank you for your interest in a career with the Florida Highway Patrol. You can review recruitment information by visiting our website.

Cancel My Online Order for a Driver License or Registration

I went online to and placed an order for a driver license or registration.   Can I cancel that order? 

I'm sorry, we cannot cancel the order.

Once the order is placed, everything occurs automatically to produce the license or registration. The online system tells you that once you place the order it cannot be cancelled.

When you receive the new issuance in the mail, please keep it and destroy all others.  Only the most recently printed license or registration is valid.

Boat /vessel registration

How do I register my boat/vessel?

In order to answer all your questions regarding vessels/boats, please visit our website for vessel registration and title information.

Your local tax collector is an excellent source for questions about title and registration,  find their contact information here.

Basic Title Fees

What are the basic title fees?

1. New Vehicles $77.75

2. Vehicles previously registered in Florida $77.75
3. Vehicles previously registered in another state or country $87.75
Note: Add an additional $2 to the application fee when recording a lien.
4. Lien add only $74.25 (add $2.50 if paper title needs to be printed)

Titles are not issued on trailers less than 2000 pounds, mopeds, or motorized bicycles.

Call Center

Why can't I reach anyone by phone? Why is my wait so long?

The Customer Service Center experiences a high call volume daily, especially during the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Customer Service Center representatives are available to assist you Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5:45 p.m., (EST).

Automated information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (850) 617-2000. You can provide your driver license number, Social Security number, title or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to the automated system for faster service.

Age requirements for online written exams

Can anyone who needs to, regardless of age, take the written exams online?

Applicants  15 to 17 years of age are allowed to take the Class E written exams through the Third Party Administrator’s online application or in a proctored classroom setting.

Applicants 18 years or older are allowed to take the Class E written exams in a classroom setting at the Third Party Administrator’s physical location.

See the current list of providers.

Road/Traffic/Travel conditions

We are not able to foresee what the volume of traffic may be for any particular day due to the variables involved such as weather conditions, traffic crashes, etc. You may dial 511 from your cell phone to get up to date traffic information and road conditions. If you are currently out-of-state, please call FDOT toll free at 1-866-511-3352 for current road conditions and closures. You may also visit the Florida's Statewide 511 website.