Lost/stolen license plate, registration, decal or parking permit

How do I replace a lost or stolen license plate, registration, decal or parking permit?

Click here to download Form HSMV 83146, the Application for Replacement Plate, Validation Decal or Parking Permit.  Follow the instructions on the form and once you have completed the form, sign it and then take the form to your local county tax collector's office and purchase another one. Or you can complete the form while at the tax collector's office.

If the license plate, decal or parking permit was stolen and you have reported this to a law enforcement agency, there will be no charge for the replacement.

Your local tax collector is your best source for questions about title and registration,  find their contact information here.

Click here to find a list of Motor Vehicle Fees.

Did you find this article helpful? Click thumbs up or thumbs down to help us improve our information.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

You can try asking another question or browsing our answers by category.  Some "related answers" may appear below which fit into the same category as this question and may provide additional information.